Sunday 9 June 2013

Time and Influence Fashion Show










Hey!
So on Friday as you may have read in my last post was the day of my fashion show at the Tate!
I was involved with a project by Tate and University Arts London that allowed me to create catwalk jewellery to be showcased in a fashion show at Tate Britain.It was a really fun experience, and I'm definitely going to miss going to Central Saint Martins every Wednesday. Seeing my work in the fashion show was a moment I'll never forget!I tried to take pictures but my camera was bugging out and mostly everything came out blurry :( (probably because I haven't picked up my camera since leaving school haha) So after realising that taking pictures would be a complete fail, I decided to video the whole thing, which proved to be much better. So I've uploaded to video to You Tube, you can have a look HERE
My piece was the head piece on the model with three spikes. I based my headpiece on geometric patterns and I used acrylic plastic and cut out shapes (which took flippin' ages!) I then bent the plastic and added the wooden spikes. I also engraved patterns on the outside which to my surprise actually sparkled as the model walked which was quite interesting! All the pieces were so good! It was nice to see the journey of other peoples work from the beginning when we were all struggling for ideas to the end catwalk result. And so many people showed up! I was so surprised!
It was a really fun experience, I don't regret a thing and would probably do the whole thing again if I could haha

Miss Nay

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment