Saturday 29 September 2012

Summer DIY | African Print X Vans Authentic

Over the summer I was determined I was going to do something really productive like school work ect..which failed haha, but I did manage to do a few DIY's which was really fun!

Before and after dyeing..
The finished product!



These were originally white as seen in the first photo (image taken from google),  I brought them 4 years ago and hadn't worn them since due to the fact that they were yellowing after the first wash! (I only recently found out you're not suppose to machine wash them :/) At first i was going to make them into platforms after watching this video
 but decided against it. I then had an amazing idea to dye them this blue colour, which went pretty well if I say so myself haha. The fabric i used was part of my Textiles project last year,  i still had tons left over so i thought it would be a nice touch to add. I think the colours really compliment each other and it gives it a different look to the overall shoe, which was exactly what i was going for! I attached the african fabric by using shoe goo which is basically just super glue especially for shoes (how obvious! :P) this was a really fun project! I would encourage anyone with white shoes they no longer wear and that are in good condition to just dye them instead of buying new ones or even throwing them away, it saves a bunch of money, its creative and its so much fun!
Dye used: Dylon Hand dye- Bahama Blue
Moral of the DIY: Don't waste ya money!

Miss Nay
:) x

No comments:

Post a Comment