Wednesday 3 October 2012

Summer DIY | Studded Shopper

Miss Nay
I finally brought some studs!
I have been wanting to purchase some studs for some time but I didn't want to spend 7 quid on them haha but I just sucked it up, said yolo and brought them off ebay! As expected they were very good quality, i got them from here. (the other item will be revealed in my next DIY post)





This bag is the famous Shopper Basket from Zara that I'm sure you've seen everywhere, right? Thats exactly why I did this DIY! I chose this bag as this years 'everyday schoolbag', which was a good choice and I would recommend because it's strong and quite big.
The problem was I knew everyone at school would have it.. and I wasn't wrong.
I thought I'd change the style of the bag and make it a little edgier with the studs. Its a different look all together since Zara doesn't stock a studded bag like this one and I knew for sure nobody would have the same (my inner hipster talking haha).. Its just nice to be individual sometimes..

I put the studs on the bag by making holes with scissors (would be better off maybe using something smaller such as a a pen knife because the scissors made a few marks) then I pushed the prongs though and just bent them in to ensure they were secure and wouldn't come out. Very simple!

I left the other side plain to give a little bit of versatility... Edgy in the front, Professional in the back haha ;)

Moral of the DIY: Be unique and don't be afraid to stand out!

Zara Shopper Bag

x

No comments:

Post a Comment