Monday 23 September 2013

Natural Hair Product Review | Carol's Daughter & Miss Jessie's Original





Carol's Daughter Starter kit | Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls

Hey!
So I have another hair product review so share!
While I was in New York I brought a few other curl defining products to try out. I have basically been obsessed with Justine Skye haha I'm just in love with her whole style she's fab! I realised we have similar hair textures so I was curious to know what she uses on her hair. I came across a video on her youtube on her daily hair and make up routine and found out that she uses this AMAZING product by Miss Jessie's.

I found Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls at Ricky's on 44 East 8th St or at any Duane Reade (if anyone is wondering).
Did I mention ITS AMAZING?
Honestly as you may have read in my last review post, I've tried quite a few Curl defining products so to be honest I wasn't expecting anything much out of the ordinary. I liked the purpose of the product in terms of its ability to give you really big curls, and it does just as it says; I noticed the difference straight away!

After I brought this product I used it as soon as I got back to my hotel as I couldn't wait to test it out, and just by putting the tiniest bit of this lotion on my hair it immediately curled up! It was actually amazing to see it work so quickly without me doing anything!
After this I actually brought another bottle haha

The smell of this product is heavenly! It has a soft fresh smell and its not too overpowering like many other lotions I've used.
I would seriously recommend this product!

Pros: Produces great BIG curls and fast!
Also has a great fragrance!

Cons: Slighty expensive at $22
Very hard to find in the UK :(

Carol's Daughter

While we were in NYC we took a trip to Newport Mall in NJ and found a Carol's Daughter store. At first I wasn't even going to go in because I was pretty content with the products I already had, but my mum seemed quite impressed with what they had.
I was a bit apprehensive about getting full sized products because I had never really heard of the brand before and I didn't know whether I'd like it that much. Lucky for me they had this Starter Kit for $24 (I think) which included 2 Leave-in Moisturisers, a Co-wash and a Style, Define and Hold Pudding which were all miniature sized.

I truly wished I just got the full sized products because they were great!!
 I know how important it is to keep conditioning your hair while its not in a protective style and I usually do one wash and then deep condition. The great thing about the Co-Wash is it was basically both combined! I found it so much more convenient than doing the two separately. It left my hair feeling so soft without tangles! After letting my hair air dry I blew it out with the hairdryer and put some of the Leave-in moisturiser in. They work so well together and I found my hair to be so much more manageable to blow dry after using the products together!

Pros: Great results, leaving my hair soft and well moisturised!

Cons: Again hard to find in the UK..
I wasn't blown away by its curling ability but still a great product!


I would love to get more of both these products but I can't find them anywhere in the UK or online :(
If anyone knows how I can get more of these products please let me know in the comment section!

Miss Nay
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment