Friday 18 April 2014

Purp. | Kevin Murphy Colour Bug Review & Update






Hey!

I know, it's been a long time…

I recently tried out the Kevin Murphy Colour Bug after seeing a tutorial/review from Naptural85. She mentioned in her video that they did a purple colour and I've been wanting to try out a new colour in my hair for some time. I've mentioned how much I admire Justine Skye in my posts before and she has had purple hair for a while and I really like it on her! I think purple is a good colour especially darker skin so I said 'what the heck' and brought one of these off of eBay for £7 (they're also available on Amazon for about £13).

The Kevin Murphy Colour Bug is basically a hair chalk so you rub it on your hair and when your bored with it you can wash it right out! I thought it could be a bit damaging for your hair as you have to rub it on but I got little to no breakage which is good.
I absolutely love this product!
So much that I have actually used it 3 times and have decided to dye my hair this colour in the summer!
Depending on how long and full your hair is, you could get between 1-3 (maybe 4) uses out of one colour bug. As I said I have used it 3 times now and still have a little bit left!

I used this on dry 2 day curls and after I applied it the first time the curls became slightly frizzy, so i applied my fave curl defining cream at the moment 'Moroccan Curling Perfection' by Organix and then reapplied the colour bug once more.
The colour for me lasted for about a week, after a week the colour started to fade (was also probably due to the fact that it got everywhere as well e.g. my pillow haha) but even so it was still visible in the light.

Pros:
- Very Nice colour!
- Easy to use and wash out
- Safe for all hair types.
- Cheap
- Can last for a long time

Cons:
- Its pretty much gets everywhere haha but I suppose this can be solved with some hair spray and gloves/a towel when you apply it.

I would definitely recommend this product if you're interested in trying out something new that isn't permanent!
They also do White, Pink, Orange, Neon Yellow and a shimmer colour.

Amazon Link
Naptural85's video

I've been away from this blog for a long time, and I can't even use the excuse of having work to do so I'm just going to be real and say i've had a little bit of 'Bloggers Block' lol
We've all been kind of struggling to find things to blog about and we all really came to the conclusion of allowing the blog to be about anything and not put it into a 'fashion blog' box. 
When we first started this blog we were all quite interested in fashion and trends ect.. but since then I know personally my interests have shifted (don't get me wrong though, I still love shopping haha) but in terms of blogging about fashion and trends and stuff like that all the time, I'm not really into it. 
I believe that if you have no interest in what your blogging about then your blog will not prosper, and it will lack personality. That's no bueno.
So from now our blog will be more 'Lifestyle' about our life, things we do, things were interested in currently, whether that be hair, fashion, art, music ect.. that way we won't be stuck and we'll always have something to talk about!

Anyway, that's enough for one post!

I will have another post up in the next few days on my Art and Design Foundation course at UAL (LCC) that I hope can help some people in knowing what they can expect if they will be attending this September (or if you're generally interested haha).

Miss Nay
x




No comments:

Post a Comment